Ask questions get the right answers

Are you new to online trading? Are you wondering how to start forex trading? Are you looking for a broker with no minimum deposit? Or the best forex broker for beginners? Join the newbie’s lounge, ask questions and get answers. Discuss topics with more experienced traders from around the world and get advice from our knowledgeable and helpful staff.
Hello! I'm new in he forum and new in Forex. I have a problem in a EA about calcs. I have important differences between, for example Close value O Bolinger bands, in METATRADER4 data window and my EA using the technical indicator iBands or the array iClose[], or Close itself.
This differences spoils my bot so I ask for help and an explanation or where to read about this issue.
If this is not the proper place where to settle the questions, I'm deeply sorrow and again I ask for your guidance.

Many thanks in advance
[quote=SergioM ]Hello! I'm new :thumb:in he forum and new in Forex. I have a problem in a EA about calcs. I have important differences between, for example Close value O Bolinger bands, in METATRADER4 data window and my EA using the technical indicator iBands or the array iClose[], or Close itself.
This differences spoils my bot so I ask for help and an explanation or where to read about this issue.
If this is not the proper place where to settle the questions, I'm deeply sorrow and again I ask for your guidance.

Many thanks in advance[/quote]

Hi Sergio!

You are on the right place to ask questions about trading and forex.
Unfortunately, we don't have a MQL coder in our team that could give you a straight answer.
But seems to me that your broker's data could be somehow innacurate...

I mean the iClose value should be exactly the same value of the BB on the chart, when closed.
Are you getting this data from a demo account or a live account? Have you tried with the data from another broker?

My humble suggestion is to open 2 or 3 demo accounts with other brokers (most traders using EAs recommend Tickmill, for example) and backtest your EA. Here's the link to our Tickmill page: Tickmill Review & Demo Account (cashbackforex.com)

Good luck Sergio! :thumb:

- Angelus
Hello!!. I'm back with this issue. I created a test account in TickMill, I installed Metatrader 4 given by TickMill and unfortunatelly I got same results. As I was working with a time frame of H1 I made a change in the tester and run the same EA in the same time interval 2022-01-03 to 2022-01-05.
The result is very confusing so if someone could explain the situation I should be very gratefull. The fact is that : with a H1 time frame Bolinger Band Lower line was crossed by EURUSD Close price at 19:00 - 20:00 in 2020-01-03. If I cjhange the time interval to M15, with the same period of time, Bolinger Band Lower line was crossed by EURUSD Close price at 17:30 in 2020-01-03.

I should be very grateful if someone explain this or give advice me about what to read on the subject. Many thanks.!!!!
[quote=SergioM ]Hello!!. I'm back with this issue. I created a test account in TickMill, I installed Metatrader 4 given by TickMill and unfortunatelly I got same results. As I was working with a time frame of H1 I made a change in the tester and run the same EA in the same time interval 2022-01-03 to 2022-01-05.
The result is very confusing so if someone could explain the situation I should be very gratefull. The fact is that : with a H1 time frame Bolinger Band Lower line was crossed by EURUSD Close price at 19:00 - 20:00 in 2020-01-03. If I cjhange the time interval to M15, with the same period of time, Bolinger Band Lower line was crossed by EURUSD Close price at 17:30 in 2020-01-03.

I should be very grateful if someone explain this or give advice me about what to read on the subject. Many thanks.!!!![/quote]

Hello Sergio! Thank you for choosing us to share your concerns about your trading strategy.

iClose returns the close price value for the bar of the specified symbol, with timeframe and shift. Using different timeframes will certainly return different values most of the time. This happens with most indicators, even channel lines.

It seems your strategy consist on price movements crossing back into the Bollinger bars. The smaller the time frame, the more sensitive Bollinger bands become to price movements, so you will always get different results. You can test this comparing short time frames with long ones, like 1W and 15M; the results will be very different.

It is likely that the developer of the EA you are using created this system for a specific time frame, and maybe even a specific trading instrument, like EUR/USD or GBP/USD. We suggest you contact the developer and/or the vendor and ask them for instructions on how to use this specific EA, mainly for which timeframe was designed.

- Andres
Hello traders. I'm developing an EA on METATRADER 4 . I would like to debug the program. I could hardly find a couple of sites about the subject on you tube, but nothing clear. Can anybody tell me where to find a tutorial or a manual about metaeditor debugger.

Many thanks.
[quote=SergioM ]Hello traders. I'm developing an EA on METATRADER 4 . I would like to debug the program. I could hardly find a couple of sites about the subject on you tube, but nothing clear. Can anybody tell me where to find a tutorial or a manual about metaeditor debugger.

Many thanks.[/quote]

Hi there Sergio!

Yes, you are right. It's hard to find accurate info on the subject. And, unfortunately, we don't have a coder to help.
May i suggest a visit to our Telegram group and ask there? We have nearly 1000 members, and maybe some of these guys might know about EAs.

Thanks.

- Angelus